How to get
Villino delle Palme
Viale Virgilio, 19
00040 Lavinio (Anzio)
YOU CAN EASILY REACH LAVINIO FROM ROME BY:
Train: with Trenitalia services from Termini or Tiburtina stations to Lavinio railway station, which is 3km far from the center of the city. You can also avail yourself of an efficient bus service to move from the station to the city center;
Coach: with Acotral services – Regional Conveyance 1) underground train stop (B tram-line) – “Rome Laurentina” through Ardeatina road, to Lavinio Mare. 2) underground train stop (A tram-line) – “Anagnina” through the SS n° 207 Nettunense, to Lavinio Scalo.
Car: 1) from the G.R.A. or from the EUR, take the S.S. n° 148 Pontina then the SS n° 207 Nettunense. 2) from the G.R.A. or from downtown take the SS n° 7 Appia then the SS n° 207 Nettunense.
Travelling southwards from Lavinio on the road named Litoranea or on the S.S. n° 148 Pontina you can visit places as:
• SABAUDIA, known for its particular town-planning and for the razionalist architecture of its buildings;
• SAN FELICE CIRCEO and Circeo Natural Park;
• TERRACINA, Jupiter Anxur Temple;
• SPERLONGA, Tiberio’s Villa and the Archaeologìc Museum
• GAETA, ancient sea town and “Montagna Spaccata”.
Travelling eastwards from Lavinio you can reach:
• The “Castelli Romani” (Roman Castles) and the towns of FRASCATI, GROTTAFERRATA, GENZANO, MARINO, ROCCA DI PAPA, famous for their wine and for local gastronomy.
• NEMI and CASTEL GANDOLFO‘S lakes, the last one is still the
Pope’s summer resort.
Travelling northwards from Lavinio on the road named Litoranea, that skirts the suggestive presidential estate of Castel Porziano, you can reach:
• The archaeological area of Ostia Antica, which is about 40 km far, comparable, for its historical meaning, to the Roman cities of the Vesuvian area.
• The archaeological area of the Trajaneum harbour, Porto Canale di Fiumicino, built on the Mouth of the Tiber and the Intercontinental Airport “Leonardo Da Vinci”